Call for Applications for the position of an Administrative and Financial Assistant (Nationally Recruited Staff)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture calls for applications for to the recruitment of a dynamic and experienced Administrative and Financial Assistant to support the Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (Alliance Bioversty-CIAT) activities in Cameroon
The Administrative and Financial Assistant supports the Administration/Finance Units at the Station, while working in close collaboration with other operation services, to support Alliance Bioversity-CIAT teams; Compliance with IITA procedures is of utmost importance. The Administrative and Financial Assistant will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks, whilst ensuring accurate and timely delivery in compliance with IITA administrative and financial rules and regulations. He/she is also expected to recommend improvements to process delivery and system design.
Duties and Responsabilities
- Responsible for correspondences, preparation of contracts and sending invitations.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet (regular maintenance and vehicle usage policies applied)
- Responsible for fixed assets management
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of all office equipment
- Prepare payment request according to internal procedures of the organization.
- Coordinate and organize field staff travels
- Manage documentation/logistics of Alliance Bioversity-CIAT visiting researchers, scholars and guests ensuring that it is correctly completed and available
- Assist with planning of workshops and events
Financial management and accounting
- Generate monthly and year-end financial reports for Alliance Bioversity-CIAT
- Manage expenses and income for multiple Alliance Bioversity-CIAT projects
- Track Cash and Bank Payments
- Prepare and track Alliance Bioversity-CIAT related invoices
- Verify and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Oversee management of income and expense budgeting, reporting and reconciliation for Alliance Bioversity-CIAT field sites and projects
- Assist in year-end closing of accounts, preparation of year-end reports related to prepayment, review project invoices for policy compliance, accuracy and authenticity.
- Periodic preparations of expense reports.
- Participate in the preparation of annual Audits.
- Adhere to the organization’s financial policies and procedures -Procedure Manuals.
- Ensure proper filing of Accounting and accounting related documents.
- Performs other duties, as required by the supervisor.
- Must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline;
- Minimum of three (03) years working experience as Administrative and Finance Assistant;
- Must have at least one (01) year experience in a well-structured organization (with proven practice of operations using Standard Operating Procedure manual)
- Familiarity with NGOs and/or international organisations would be an asset;
- The candidate must communicate fluently in both English and French
- Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivation and administratively self-sufficient.
- Ability to think out of the box to solve problems.
- Excellent communication capabilities (verbal and written skills)
- Excellent customer management skills
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed.
- Excellent ability to pay attention to details and accuracy.
- The ability to prioritize work.
- The ability to work within strict time constraints.
Technical/Functional Skills: The Administrative and Finance Assistant shall have:
- The ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records.
- The ability to accurately monitor, record, and balance accounts.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with an Accounting Software system, Any ERP Software will be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically good mastery of Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- The willingness to undertake professional development.
- The incumbent of the position will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
- The position is limited to Cameroonian citizens;
- A nationally competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Equity in employment
- IITA encourages applications from women, men, young people who believe they meet the requirements of the position. All applications will be assessed in a fair and objective manner.
The application file shall include the following documents:
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available on https://forms.gle/9unkVsp2aqM3GHvr6
- a detailed curriculum vitae but NOT exceeding three pages;
- a letter of motivation (MAXIMUM of two pages; including the full names of the candidate, their full address, phone number and email address);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- a copy of the highest academic credential (certificate) and;
- a list of three professional referees including their contacts (one of them must be a current or former supervisor of the candidate).
Applications shall be addressed to (e-mail attachments ONLY), latest by December 27th, 2021 to:
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa)
Tel : (+237) 222237434 ; +(237) 699319747
Application to the position of: Administrative and Financial Assistant Alliance Bioversity-CIAT
In addition to your application folder sent by email, kindly fill the mandatory form available on https://forms.gle/9unkVsp2aqM3GHvr6
Only applications received in French or English with a completed online form will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.