Call for Applications for the position of STATION ACCOUNTANT (Nationally Recruited Staff)
IITA Cameroon is looking for an Accountant with exceptional customer service skills, solid problem-solving skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills, and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
IITA is a nonprofit institution that generates agriculture innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity.
A - Duties
The station Account will be responsible for preparing accounts, budgeting, and managing financial information. The incumbent will help the institution in making critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, and correcting its finances; ensuring its financial audits, bank reconciliation statements, and financial records are up to date and accurate throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting of IITA Cameroon Station expenditure and receivables.
- Review of the nationally recruited staff (NRS) payroll and salaries/wages for
- Processing advances and claims for payment and maintain the cash advance register for
- Follow up on the reimbursements of the advances.
- Check all incoming invoices before payments.
- Preparation of invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other institutions and partners.
- Processing government taxes and National Social Insurance Funds contributions for prompt payment.
- Assist in spot and weekly physical cash count and check/review cash balance certificate.
- Check and verify Station finance and accounting reports before posting.
- Preparation of Station Imprest.
- Assist the Station Administrator in the preparation of the station’s capital and operating budget.
- Review weekly cash budget for the Station prepared by Accounting Assistant.
- Preparation of Reconciliation statement of all Station bank accounts.
- Ensure proper filing and keeping of IITA Cameroon’s accounting supporting documents and records (electronic and hard copies).
- Assist the Country Representative and the Station Administrator in contacts and liaison with the local financial institutions.
- Assist IITA Project Accounting Officers in cost centre performance analysis.
- Preparing Financial Report using all sources based on IITA Requests.
- Provide support to IITA projects’ accountants and,
- Perform out any other duty assigned by the Station Administrator and/or the Country Representative.
B – Qualification
- At least a BSc. in Accounting.
- Additional qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) would be an advantage.
- Minimum of three (03) years' working experience as an Accountant in a well-structured organization.
- Must have at least two (02) years’ experience in a similar position.
- The candidate must communicate fluently in both English and French. this will be assessed during the recruitment process.
C - Key Competences
- Honesty, commitment, and self-motivation.
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility and agility.
D - Workplace
The incumbent of the position will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
E - Restriction
The position is limited to Cameroonian citizens.
F - Remuneration
A nationally competitive remuneration package will be offered.
G - Equity in employment
IITA encourages applications from women, men, young people who believe they meet the requirements of the position. All applications will be assessed in a fair and objective manner.
H – Application folder
The application file shall include the following documents:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation (maximum of one page; including the full names of the candidate, their full address, phone number and email address);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- copies of all relevant academic diploma and professional certificates;
- a list of 3 professional referees including their contact information; one being the current or most recent employer, unless otherwise advised by candidate with a strong rationale;
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available at https://forms.gle/7Y1uxQtUZEFBcZta8
Applications should be addressed by email, as an attachment, to IITACA-HRS@cgiar.org, by April 10th, 2022 addressed to:
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa) Tel : 222237434 ; (+237) 677378472
Application for the position of: Station Accountant
Only applications received in French or English with a completed online form will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.