Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Agriculture Assistant
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Field Coordinator
Nascent Solutions, Inc. (Nascent) is seeking a talented and experienced Agriculture Assistant who will support the organization’s Food Security and Agriculture component especially leading the McGovern-Dole activities. The Agriculture Assistant will work under the supervision of the Field Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sensitize communities, PTAs, teachers, and students on the importance of school gardens
- Work with community and traditional leaders to identify land for school gardens
- Develop an action plan to revive established school garden
- Provide expertise climate smart and Nutrition sensitive agriculture as well as post-harvest management strategies for selected crops
- Identify needs and conduct procurement of seeds and garden tools in compliance with Nascent and USDA regulations
- Ensure proper handling and storage of inputs and equipment
- Coordinate all gardening activities including plot measurement, staking, layout, mapping, seedbed preparation, planting, plot care, pollination, and harvesting and storage
- Conduct regular visits to the gardens to provide technical assistance and ensure proper implementation
- Work with M&E specialist to create and implement a data collection system
- Document project success with photos/videos and at least two success stories each year
- Participate in the development of workplans and donor report
- Identify new business opportunities in the sector and draft concept notes
- Perform other duties as appropriate
- A higher diploma in agronomy from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years’ experience working with community-based groups in the use of climate-smart and nutritionsensitive agriculture
- Knowledge of post-harvest management
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in training people in small agriculture techniques
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work under difficult circumstances
- Knowledge Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the local languages will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated fluency in English and French
- willingness to live in the communities and under challenging conditions.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions, Inc. (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is October 22,2021, but candidates are encouraged to apply early as we are looking to fill the position quickly.