Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in KUMBA is looking for:
MEDICAL DOCTOR (ref: MEDD180122)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for MEDICAL DOCTOR
Working location: KUMBA
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 9
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updat-ed medical knowledge, DWB protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the pa-tients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting DWB protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following DWB protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all DWB medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to DWB HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary. Adhering to DWB practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs and ensuring respect of confidentiality in dispensing
- Provide quality of care to the patients in the different wards according to DWB protocols and guielines, during patient`s consultations and follow ups.
- Medical doctors will provide medical care in the different wards that DWB is supporting at Kumba District Hospital (KDH) according to the need, and with a rotation system. The services are the following: Emergency room, Paediatric ward, Neonatology, Maternity, Surgical and OT (for this last one there are surgeon and anesthesist, so no mayor surgeries will be perform by MD so far, only minor procedures at ER level. However MD can assist surgeon at OT)
- Mortality and data analysis: MDs will be involved in the mortality analysis detecting risk factors and proposing means to improved the care in case this is suitable. As well as analizing the weekly data and identifing epidemiologic alerts. This will be done together with medical activity manager (MAM)
- Telemedicine: MDs will be involved in submit and follow up cases share by telemed together with the Telemed focal point person that is currently in charge of the activity.
- Trainings and capacity building: detection of the needs and provide trainings to medical staff according with those ( presentations or onjob trainings)
- Teamwork: Ensure that all wards have good collaboration, communication and professional treat among all the staff (nurses, medical doctors, midwives, cleaners, technician- Xray, US, Lab-, etc)
Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine (For OCB OCBA Tropical Medicine Is essential)
2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
English and Pidgin language.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- People Management
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: MEDICAL DOCTOR (ref: MEDD180122) or else be submitted at DWB Office, Westminster suit, Sandpit, Buea, Mile 1 Opposite Government School Mamfe or Buea-Road Beside Winners Chapel (Kumba) in a sealed envelope Ref MEDICAL DOCTOR (ref: MEDD180122) addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 26th January 2022
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications