Position: Business Development Manager
Employer: National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC)
Supervisor: Head of Projects Unit
City, Country: Yaoundé, Cameroun
Number of position: 01
Expected start date: Immediate
Duration of Contract: 5 months (with possibility of extension)
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) in partnership with the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is currently restructuring its operational systems in place to produce an improved and robust structure which can respond to donor exigencies in the development setting. The Advancing Local Leadership in the Right Way (ALLRight) approach is an important means for CRS’ Vision 2030 strategy to be achieved. CRS places a particular emphasis on accompanying local institutions in achieving their ambitions to be effective, dynamic, and sustainable catalysts for change for the people and communities they serve.
NECC currently has over 6 projects sponsored by several international donors. NECC in the past 3 years has been working as a transition partner for a USG funded project. NECC therefore seeks to recruit qualified candidates for the newly created Projects Unit whose mandate is to coordinate and harmonize the various projects in NECC.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under supervision of the Head of the Projects Unit, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for helping NECC obtain better recognition in the development setting and financial growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building key relationships with stakeholders, identifying and mapping partnerships
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Taking lead in the writing proposals
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Thinking strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve NECC’s visibility in the development setting
- Working strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Keeping abreast of trends and changes in the business development world
- Ensuring that best partnership practices are applied across all projects and successes are shared
- Working with partnership teams of NECC and some key partners in the identification, design and coordination of capacity building activities necessary to enhance projects performances
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree required in Business Development, Business Administration, International Relations, Marketing or any other related field
- At least 4 years of experience in a related field or similar role
- Proven track record of business development success (You will be required to provide proof of such)
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suit.
- Knowledge of business consulting tools, especially Excel modelling, business-plan analysis, interview techniques, and research.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
Language required / desired: Must be bilingual (English and French) with proficiency in at least one of the two.
Travel required: 15% of travel in Cameroon.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisor: Head of Projects Unit
Internal: General Secretariat of NECC, Project Leads of NECC, Heads of services/Commissions at NECC and Members of the Projects Unit.
External: Leaderships of NECC’s partners / stakeholders
NECC-wide competences (for all NECC staff):
These are rooted in the mission, the values of the NECC and the guiding principles and are used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are:
- Trust in all relationships
- Professional growth
- Responsibility and management
- Strategic mindset
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, tasks and responsibilities associated with the position.
NECC's talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NECC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Files MUST include:
- Cover letter addressed to the Secretary General of NECC
- CV of 4 pages maximum
- List of at least 3 references, one of which should be a leader of a religious/faith community
- Evidence of relevant academic / professional qualifications
- Proof of professional experience.
You can apply by sending your applications to the following address: email@example.com
Mentioning “Business Development Manager – NECC” in the subject line
Deadline: 01/05/2022 at 5 P.M Cameroon time.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: In applying for this job, the applicant must understand that NECC protects human life at all costs and will require the applicant to do the same if recruited. NECC also asks its staff to treat all persons with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking.
Successful candidates at this stage will be subject to a practical test and an oral interview. A full background check will be carried out on the successful candidate.