INSO Domestic Support
Cameroon- National Position
Closing date: 30th January 2022
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 17 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for its performance, principles and professionalism.
As of April 2019, INSO is registered as a charity in the Netherlands with its global headquarters now based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO has been covering the Far North region of the country under INSO’s Lake Chad Basin regional platform that supports more than 121 NGOs to deliver vital aid and assistance to 8 million people across the region. INSO Cameroon will now become a stand-alone platform and continue to cover the Far North region from Maroua and extend the operation to the north-west and south-west regions with a field office in Buea and the country office in Yaounde.
INSO is now seeking a National experienced professional to join our team as Domestic Support for Cameroon- Buea.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the office/Guest house and its surroundings. The cleaning staff also takes care of basic administrative tasks, such as small purchases etc. This position reports to the INSO Field Office Administrator.
- Ensure thorough cleaning of INSO Buea buildings and Guest (interior and exterior) as directed by the administration
- Assist the administration in ensuring adequate office supplies.
- Assist the Administrator in the procurement process, including the purchase of supplies for the office.
- Assist the Administration Officer in monitoring and reporting potential safety or maintenances issues.
- Professional experience as a housekeeping staff is a plus
- Prior knowledge of cleaning processes
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes
- Fluency in English and local languages.
- Basic computer skills will also be considered an advantage.
- Preferred Characteristics:
- Experience working as a housekeeper or cleaner in an NGO or International Organization.
Key Personal Skills
- A good collaborator
- A good communicator
- Ability to prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and regal
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities related to the position.
Terms & Conditions: This is a National Position; therefore, terms and conditions will be inline with National labour law as well as INSO Cameroon National Staff Internal Rules and regulations.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
- All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references.
- INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card).
- All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.).
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to email@example.com and reference ‘DOM.S-CMR.Buea’ in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.